NABIAM: Austrian-Czech innovation and research network for nanotechnologies, biosensors and additive production
Geyer Jakub, Department of Computer Science
01 Apr 2020 – 31 Mar 2021
INTERREG V-A Austria - Czech Republic
Title CZ: Rakousko-česká inovační a výzkumná síť pro nanotechnologie, biosenzory a aditivní výrobu
Title EN: Austrian-Czech innovation and research network for nanotechnologies, biosensors and additive production
Coordinator: PROFACTOR GmbH
Partners: Business Upper Austria - OÖ Wirtschaftsagentur GmbH, University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice
PI: Geyer Jakub, Department of Computer Science
Implementation: 01 Apr 2020 – 31 Mar 2021
Budget: 215 736,86 EUR (project) / 70 152,00 EUR (Faculty of Science)
Provider: Office of the Provincial Government of Lower Austria
Call: INTERREG V-A Austria - Czech Republic
Nanotechnologies and biosensors, together with additive manufacturing technologies, can bring completely new, patient-tailored solutions in the field of medical technology. The great importance of these topics in the areas of Upper Austria and South Bohemia is strongly reflected especially in the areas of structural and polymer electronics and medical technologies. However, there is still no permanent cooperation between key economic, research and innovation actors and their interconnected partners in exploiting the technological potential, thus not fully exploiting the potential of technology. NABIAM uses innovative concepts such as Design Thinking, matchmaking events associated with the creation of an innovation network in the field of nanotechnologies, biosensors and additive manufacturing technologies. Based on the concept of innovative hubs, NABIAM will focus on facilitating access for companies, as well as universities, research institutes, clusters, to the latest research results, expertise and technologies in the fields of biosensors, nanotechnologies and additive manufacturing technologies.
- Establishing long-term relationships with relevant entities in the field of research and development and entrepreneurship in two project regions in the field of materials and medical technologies and focus on the topics of biosensors, nanotechnologies and additive manufacturing in order to increase competitiveness and innovation potential. This functional network of contacts, combined with the mapping of competences for the above fields, should in the future help to rapidly set up project consortia for specific topics and adequately fund them through appropriate funding programs at regional, national and European level.
- Establishment of a Czech-Austrian working and cooperation base for strengthening and optimizing the use of research infrastructure in partner regions
- • Improving the conditions for making better use of the existing potential of science, research and innovation
- Building an Austrian-Czech innovation network.
- Mapping the competences of organizations and companies in the field of science and research for better use of existing potentials of science and research infrastructure.
- • Three jointly developed project ideas to ensure the sustainability of the network and strengthen links.