Perspectives of Czech Science: Coming to the Czech Republic to do excellent research
The Science Campus in České Budějovice will host a roundtable discussion entitled “Perspectives of Czech Science: Coming to the Czech Republic to do excellent research” on December 7th, 2018. The event will be focused on possibilities of establishing independent research groups in the Czech Republic for researchers coming from abroad.
Invited speakers will present short introductory contributions based on personal experience and emphasis will be placed on an active discussion with the participants during the whole event.
The main organizers of the roundtable discussion are the Biology Centre CAS and the Faculty of Sciences, University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice. The patronage of the conference was taken over by prof. RNDr. Eva Zažímalová, CSc., Chairwoman of the Czech Academy of Sciences and Prof. MUDr. Tomáš Zima, DrSc, MBA., Chairman of the Czech Conference of Rectors.
Program of the Round table discussion „Perspectives of Czech Science 2018“
moderator: Martin Pumera
In five blocks the most important problems will be discussed, each thematic block will be opened by short introductory notes in which the invited guests - scientists and science managers - will share their experience/opinion.
10:00 Opening of the Conference
Martin Pumera: Vision 2030
- Eva Zažímalová, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Tomáš Machula, University of South Bohemia
- Libor Grubhoffer, Biology Centre CAS, České Budějovice
- Representative of Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport
10:30 – 11:20 Block 1 Internacionalization
- Norbert Müller, Johan Kepler University, Linz, Austria
- Iva Pichová, Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Prague
- Jiří Klimeš, Charles University, Prague
11:20-11:40 Coffee break
11:40-12:30 Block 2 Tenure tracks, open positions, start-ups
- Adam Petrusek, Charles University, Prague
- Alena Zíková, Biology Centre CAS, České Budějovice
- Lumír Krejčí, Masaryk University, Brno
13:30-14:20 Block 3 Research funding
Maciej Duszczyk, University of Warsaw, Warsaw
Petr Dvořák, Masaryk University, Brno
14:20-15:10 Block 4 Efficient administrative support
- Jaroslav Koča, CEITEC MU, Brno
- Hana Macíčková Cahová, Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Prague
- Roey Angel, Biology Centre CAS, České Budějovice
15:10- 15:30 Coffee break
15:30-16:15 Block 5 Scientific vision & leadership, functional governance
- Eors Szathmáry, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest
- Radek Zbořil, Palacký University, Olomouc
16:20 – 16.40 Closing remarks – take home home message
(Eva Zažímalová, Tomáš Machula, Libor Grubhoffer, representative of MEYS)
16:50 - ...snack and informal concluding discussion
Download Report "Perspectives of Czech Science"