The writing clinic is for students and members of staff who want to improve their written English. The clinic offers free consultations to university students and staff to work individually with their language issues.
We do not offer proofreading but instead provide a detailed and tailored response to clients’ language problems. We then provide guidance and support in correcting and overcoming these issues, not just in one troublesome paper but permanently.
- generating ideas, planning, pre-writing and re-drafting
- working with academic vocabulary, synonyms, and correct register
- paraphrasing, summarising and plagiarism issues
- consistency, coherence and clarity of writing
We can provide advice and support in writing:
- abstracts, articles and essays
- posters, presentations
- CV’s, cover letters and formal emails
- grant applications and research proposals
To register, click here.