Graduate Teaching Assistant position at JKU
JKU Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences announces an immediate job opening for a Graduate Teaching Assistant (must hold a Diploma/Master’s degree) for a 20-hour/week, four-year position at the Institute of Organic Chemistry
Job Reference Number: 3629
- Participate in conducting research in NMR spectroscopy of biomolecules with focus on protein interactions
- Supervise students in the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs: Chemistry, Biological Chemistry, Technical Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences as well as students in the laboratory courses in Organic Chemistry and NMR Spectroscopy
- The successful candidate must hold a Diploma/Master’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry or a corresponding discipline
- Strong command of English (B2)
- Experience in experimental NMR spectroscopy as well as expertise in NMR theory or experience in protein expression and purification on a preparative scale
- Additional qualifications in one or more of the following areas: organic synthesis, scientific programming, molecular biology, biochemistry, structural biology
The minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is € 1,397.30 gross per month (CA Job Grade: B1).
If you have questions, please contact:
Univ. Prof. Dr. Norbert Müller, P +43 732 2468 5401,
E-mail: norbert.mueller (at) jku.at.
Application deadline: July 4, 2018.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation via our online portal
https://jku.at/application or to the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040 Linz. Please include “Job Reference Number 3629” in your application.